💪 Build Muscle and Lose Fat With These 20-Minute Workouts
It's the first Ripped Report of 2023, and we've got the workout plans and exercise tips you need to crush those fitness-related resolutions. Without further ado...
If you’ve got 20 minutes to spare, then you’ve got enough time to power through these workouts for strength, fat loss, and muscle gain.
Training to get bigger arms isn’t as straightforward as you’d think. Luckily, these 10 commandments offer up some guidelines you should follow.
Yes, you can have your cake and eat it, too, while following the 80/20 diet rule. Here’s how to indulge the right way.
Twenty Minutes Till Gains
Twenty-four hours isn't enough time to accomplish everything you need every day. Once you start subtracting six or seven hours of sleep, eight or nine hours of work, time for commuting, meals, and some face time (not FaceTime) with your family, it can be difficult to squeeze in the gym.
Sure, some people shuffle priorities to find two or more hours per day to train, but for the time-constrained lifter, finding just one hour can be too big a task. Fortunately, short workouts don’t have to mean coming up short on results. Here’s how to make the most of just 20 minutes of well-planned training.
Ten Commandments of Biceps Training
There’s no definitive way to build a bigger, stronger set of arms — but there are definitely a few universal truths that will make a huge difference in your training. To that end, we've put together our 10 commandments of biceps training designed to teach you the best strategies for maximizing your arm days.
These commandments are guidelines and by no means should be taken as an end all be all. So, do they need to be followed to a tee? Not necessarily, but they could be useful to keep in mind when building effective biceps workouts.
The 80/20 Rule: What to Know
There are as many opinions about diets out there as there are people who eat food. And despite what you may read on your Instagram feed, there is no one-size-fits-all way to approach nutrition. Still, some guidelines may help you cultivate a stronger relationship with nutrition and food choices.
The 80/20 diet rule lets you place emphasis on your fruits and veggies, but it doesn’t deem any food off-limits. Roughly 80 percent of the time, you’ll focus on incorporating fruits, veggies, whole grains, protein, and fats into your diet. The other 20 percent is for that slice of cake or cup of soda you’ve been yearning for.
This strategy is meant to give people a little leeway with what they eat while still setting up parameters to nail down some healthy habits. You’ll find everything you want to know about the 80/20 diet rule below.
Don’t Forget Your Rhomboids
The rhomboids are the unsung hero of the upper back. Learn the best exercises to train them properly.
If you’re building a home gym, you’ll need free weights. A lot of them. We’ve narrowed down the best ones for your hard-earned cash.
We hear the word aesthetics all the time when talking about bodybuilding, but what does it really mean? We explain it all and highlight its importance to the sport.
Let's Be Honest: How Often Do You Cheat?
How many cheat meals do you have per week? Pick one below to vote:
THE RESULTS ARE IN!
New Year, New Gains
GIF: Jurassic World Kids on YouTube
In the December 27, 2022, edition of The Ripped Report, we asked readers to vote on their 2023 fitness goals. Here are the results:
Build muscle (43.44%)
Lose weight (27.87%)
Boost strength (13.11%)
Improve flexibility (11.47%)
Improve cardio (4.11%)